Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Follow That Dream


 "There is a danger in the word someday when what it means is 'not this day.'...The thought 'Someday I will' can be a thief of the opportunities of time and the blessings of eternity."
-Henry B. Eyring

 Someday I will:
Birth a child
Go to Greece 
Go to grad school
Visit Green Gables
Get a gym membership
Read the Bible
See The Rolling Stones with my dad
Not live in snow
Have a beach house
See my Uncle Brad again
Choose someone else's happiness over my own
Bathe in a waterfall(not even kidding)
Have a son named Henry
Learn how to sew
Cut my hair regularly
Watch the real news instead of E's Daily Ten
Meet Matt Dillon
Not need my inhaler
Buy a beach cruiser
Be one with nature
Have a dog named Elvis
Be the best at something
See Van Gogh's Memory of the Garden at Etten for real and somehow try to exit the premises with it on my "person"...
Know all there is to know about the mafia
Learn to make a souffle
Read all of Edith Wharton's books
Sleep outside
Skinny-dip... again
See Les Mis in London
Read The Age of Innocence under a tree with minted Ginger Ale and... macaroons
Try Raspberry Cordial for real
Catch a fish
Buy something from Anthro not on sale
Recycle, Reduce, ReUse
Initiate a national ban against mayonnaise
Publish a manuscript
Drink however much water a day I'm supposed to
Plant a garden
Smile though my heart is aching
Dance in my kitchen with Mr. Wonderful
Have an intoxicating kiss in the rain just like Holly and Paul
Furnish a home in love, laughter, truth, and vintage
See India
Dedicate a whole day to Cary Grant movies
Perfect my glow
Personify "incandescently happy"
Play the piano again
Love a little girl named Fiona. Or Vivienne. Maybe I will love two little girls (!)
Perfectly epitomize Audrey H.
Master my "muchness"
Find the perfect pair of pencil pants
Visit Venice
Make love not war 
Protest against littering
Sing on stage
Stop believing in mermaids 
Bow at my Savior's feet
Learn how to prioritize
Save money
Have a trellis of hydrangeas
Be enchanted by NY again
See the orchestra- any orchestra
Put my personal touch on the world
Sing Moonriver as a lullaby
Memorize all the parts of the brain and their functions
Learn to separate my imaginings from my realities
Learn to cope with my imaginings not being my realities
Try a Turkish Delight
Not go one day without praying
Hold a starfish
Will not want what I can never have
Reach my potential
Know every little thing about something utterly significant
Know every little thing about something utterly insignificant (I'm well on my way to that one already, actually)
Go almost all the way completely Green
Have to stop going to Strung Out shows...
Not regret not smoking weed
See an opera- any opera (which will most likely spoil everyday life for me forever-after)
Be the portrait of a lady- at least once
Be able to shop at a Farmer's Market every Saturday morning
Know all about all the constellations
Care about politics
Dance to Moonriver in an ethereal white dress
Find meaning outside myself
Learn French
Put notes in my kids lunches
... Hopefully before my eternity runs out. Peace and Love.

Artwork: "Memories of the Garden at Etten" by Vincent Van Gogh








1 comment:

  1. I have a dog named Elvis. Not even a goal, just happenstance.

    ReplyDelete